- to produce a dull continuous pain
- Her muscles were aching from shoveling snow.
- After running the marathon, his body ached for a week.
- The candy's so sweet that it makes my teeth ache.
- His heart ached [=he felt sad and sorry] for the children begging on the streets.
- After years of war, most people are aching [=longing, yearning] for peace.
- Her heart ached for him.
- I've been aching to see you.
- He had a dull ache in his back from lifting boxes all day.
- muscle aches
- a headache
- a stomachache
- She looked through the old pictures with a dull ache in her heart.
- Symptoms of the flu include fever, general aches and pains, and sore throat.
- the many aches and pains of old age