- a person's stomach or the part of the body that contains the stomach
- My belly was full.
- He got down on his belly to crawl.
- They slid down the snowy hill on their bellies.
- a kick in the belly [=abdomen]
- a horse's belly
- a gray squirrel with a white belly
- the belly of an airplane
- the belly of a ship/violin
- to cause (something, such as a sail) to curve or bulge outward
- The wind bellied (out) the sails of the ship.
- The sails of the ship bellied [=bulged] out in the wind.
- The men bellied up to the bar.