- a tendency to believe that some people, ideas, etc., are better than others that usually results in treating some people unfairly
- The writer has a strong liberal/conservative bias. [=favors liberal/conservative views]
- ethnic and racial biases
- He showed a bias toward a few workers in particular.
- Do they have a bias against women/minorities?
- The company was accused of racial/gender bias.
- The decision was made without bias.
- She showed no bias toward older clients.
- a student with a strong bias towards the arts
- The material for the dress was cut on the bias.
- to have a strong and often unfair influence on (someone or something)
- I don't want to bias you against the movie, but I thought the book was much better.
- The circumstances could bias the results of the survey.