Brink | Mean of brink in English Dictionary
- the edge at the top of a steep cliff
- He nearly lost everything because of his drug addiction, but his friends helped to pull him back from the brink.
- The two nations are on the brink of war. [=are very close to war]
- a city on the brink of financial disaster
- Doctors may be on the brink of finding a cure for this disease.
- a young actress who is on the brink of a brilliant career
- The other team brought them to the brink of defeat. [=came very close to defeating them]
- an animal that has been brought/pulled back from the brink of extinction