- the act or process of using words, sounds, signs, or behaviors to express or exchange information or to express your ideas, thoughts, feelings, etc., to someone else
- human communication
- nonverbal communication
- He is studying insect communication.
- Parents need to have good communication with their children. [=they need to be able to understand and be understood by their children]
- communication problems/skills
- There was a breakdown in communication between members of the group.
- (formal) We are in communication by e-mail. [=we are communicating with each other by e-mail]
- television and other means of mass communication
- The captain received an important communication.
- radio/wireless/electronic communications
- Communications is a growing industry.
- communications systems/technology
- a communications satellite [=a satellite that is used to send signals for television, radio, etc., to people around the world]
- the study of how information is sent to people by using technology
- He majored in communications in college.