- a group of people who live in the same area (such as a city, town, or neighborhood)
- a respectable member of the community
- The festival was a great way for the local community to get together.
- Many communities are facing budget problems.
- People in the community wanted better police protection.
- a rural community
- community leaders
- an artistic/business/medical community
- the town's Jewish community
- ethnic/religious communities
- the scientific community
- the international community
- a feeling of wanting to be with other people or of caring about the other people in a group
- The school encourages a sense/feeling of community in its students.
- community spirit
- a community of bacteria