- to change (something) so that it has more different kinds of people or things
- The country is diversifying its energy sources.
- farmers who want to diversify their crops
- You should diversify your investments. = Your investments should be diversified. [=you should invest your money in several different ways instead of investing it all in one thing]
- Investors should diversify.
- The new CEO's chief aim is to diversify the company.
- The company needs to diversify.
- Many publishing companies have diversified into online services.