- to remove mud from the bottom of (a lake, river, etc.) in order to deepen it or to search for something
- They dredged the river.
- They are dredging for oysters.
- They dredged sand from the river to add to the eroding beach.
- They dredge oysters in the bay.
- They are dredging up silt from the canal bottom.
- Reporters dredged up the fact that the senator avoided the military draft.
- She didn't like to dredge up bad memories.
- a machine or boat that removes mud, sand, etc., from the bottom of a lake, river, etc.
- to lightly cover (food) with a dry substance (such as sugar or flour)
- Dredge the fish in flour before frying it.
- The cookies had been dredged with powdered sugar.
Những từ liên quan với DREDGE