- an act of showing some quality or trait
- a notable exhibition of courage
- give/provide an exhibition of bad manners
- There were several famous paintings at the exhibition.
- an exhibition of early American crafts
- helping to promote artists by exhibition of their paintings
- a public display of athletic skill
- a fencing exhibition
- an exhibition baseball game [=an unofficial game that does not count in the standings]
- He got drunk at the wedding and made an exhibition of himself in front of everyone.
- The coin collection will be (placed/put) on exhibition [=on exhibit] next week.