- the quality of being faithful to your husband, wife, or sexual partner
- She began to doubt her husband's fidelity. [=to wonder if he was having an affair with another woman]
- sexual fidelity
- his fidelity to his wife
- No one can doubt his fidelity [=devotion] to his country.
- The movie's director insisted on total fidelity to the book. [=insisted that the story told in the movie should accurately copy the story told in the book]
- the degree to which a device (such as a CD player, radio, or television) correctly reproduces sounds, pictures, etc.
- music with much higher fidelity than on cassettes
- a printer with outstanding color fidelity [=a printer that produces very accurate colors]