- a short, quick movement
- with a flick of his thumb
- a flick of the wrist
- She turned on the light with a flick [=flip] of a switch.
- flick a switch
- The snake flicked its tongue in and out.
- a cow flicking its tail back and forth
- She flicked her hair back over her shoulder.
- The snake's tongue flicked in and out.
- She flicked an ash into the ashtray.
- He flicked his cigarette butt out the window.
- to turn (something) on or off with a switch
- flick on the TV
- flick off the lights
- The boys were flicking each other with towels.