- to grow well
- plants and animals that flourished here thousands of years ago
- Regional markets have flourished in recent years.
- a decorative style that flourished in the 1920s
- a flourishing business
- Dressed as a pirate, he entered the stage flourishing his sword.
- something that is added as a detail or decoration
- the floral flourishes in the living room
- a house with many clever little flourishes
- Her writing style is simple and clear, without unnecessary flourishes.
- Dinner was served with a flourish.
- He waved his sword with a flourish.
- She opened the door with a flourish.
- With a flourish of her pen, she signed the bill into law.
- a flourish of trumpets