- to form something by heating and shaping metal
- forging hooks out of pieces of iron = forging pieces of iron into hooks
- The two countries have forged a strong alliance.
- They were able to forge a peaceful relationship.
- forge a check
- forge a signature
- a forged passport
- a place where objects are made by heating and shaping metal
- to move forward slowly and steadily
- The hikers forged through the snow.
- The ship forged ahead through heavy seas.
- On the last lap, he forged into the lead.
- The company has forged ahead of its competitors.