- something that is given to another person or to a group or organization
- The money was a gift, not a loan.
- a birthday/Christmas/anniversary/wedding gift [=present]
- We always exchange gifts [=we give each other gifts] on our anniversary.
- a generous/lavish/small gift
- a charitable gift [=something, such as money, that is given to a charity]
- She considers her voice a God-given gift.
- He's an athlete with many physical gifts. [=talents]
- He has a gift for expressing himself.
- a gift for playing the piano
- an actor with a gift for comedy
- She claimed to have the gift of prophecy.
- The foundation has gifted the museum with an important collection of paintings. [=(more commonly) the foundation has given the museum an important collection of paintings]