- a man who has just married or is about to be married
- a person who takes care of horses
- to clean and care for (an animal)
- The horses are being groomed for the competition.
- The cat was grooming itself in the corner. [=the cat was cleaning itself by licking its fur]
- to make (someone) neat and attractive
- She spent hours grooming herself.
- She always seems to be perfectly groomed and neatly dressed.
- a carefully groomed lawn
- perfectly groomed ski slopes
- He is being groomed to take over the company.