- very obvious or noticeable
- There is a gross [=glaring] error in the text.
- They have suffered a gross injustice.
- That's a gross exaggeration.
- gross [=vulgar, coarse] language
- That soup looks gross.
- She has a gross habit of chewing on the ends of her hair.
- including everything
- What was the gross [=total] weight of the shipment?
- the company's gross annual profits
- Their gross earnings were $50,000.
- a gross man with an enormous belly
- He's always grossing me out by playing with his food.
- I was really grossed out by all the blood and guts in the movie.
- They grossed $50,000 before taxes.
- They give five percent of their gross to charity every year.
- a gross of pencils
- selling pencils by the gross