Jewel | Mean of jewel in English Dictionary
- a valuable stone (such as a ruby or diamond) that has been cut and polished
- That diamond is one of world's largest jewels.
- She was dressed in an evening gown and jewels.
- This painting is the jewel in our gallery.
- She's a jewel.
- The building is regarded as one of the jewels of modern architecture.
- He owns several successful businesses but this company is the jewel in the crown. [=this company is the most valuable/important/admired]
- the part of a watch that is made of a crystal or a precious stone
- jewelry that has been passed from one generation to another
- She inherited the family jewels after the death of her grandmother.