- very active and energetic
- lively children
- a very lively puppy
- She has a very lively imagination. [=she imagines many things]
- a very lively writing style
- The book is lively and well written.
- They had a lively debate/discussion.
- She takes a lively interest in politics. [=she is very interested in politics]
- lively streets
- a lively dance
- A lively atmosphere keeps people coming back to the café.
- Trading on the stock market today was rather lively. [=active]
- to go or move quickly
- You'll have to step lively if you don't want to be late for work.