- to do an action or activity that usually requires training or skill
- The doctor had to perform surgery immediately.
- A team of six scientists performed [=carried out] the experiment.
- He has been unable to perform [=complete, fulfill] his duties since the accident.
- The magician performed some amazing tricks.
- The gymnasts performed their routines perfectly.
- You are required to perform 50 hours of community service.
- The wedding (ceremony) was performed by a justice of the peace. = A justice of the peace performed the wedding (ceremony).
- You can't expect me to perform miracles. [=to do something that is impossible]
- The band will be performing on the main stage.
- She's a wonderful singer who loves to perform before a live audience.
- The band will perform songs from their new album.
- The class performed the play for the school.
- He performed [=acted] the part/role of Othello. [=he played Othello; he said the words and did the actions of the character Othello]