- a light, strong substance that can be made into different shapes and that is used for making many common products
- The toy was made of plastic.
- a company that manufactures plastics
- She used plastic to pay for her new computer.
- plastic dishes/toys
- a plastic bag/bottle/bin/container
- a plastic bullet [=a bullet made of plastic that is used by the police, military, etc., to stop violent people without killing them]
- not real or sincere
- a politician with a plastic [=fake] smile
- plastic clay