- a written message from a doctor that officially tells someone to use a medicine, therapy, etc.
- The drug is only sold with a prescription.
- The doctor wrote me a prescription for cough syrup.
- (US) The drug is only available by prescription. = (Brit) The drug is only available on prescription. [=you can only get the drug if you have a prescription]
- I have to pick up my prescription.
- prescription drugs/medicine/costs
- a prescription for economic recovery
- a prescription for improving the educational system