Prescription | Mean of prescription in English Dictionary
- a written message from a doctor that officially tells someone to use a medicine, therapy, etc.
- The drug is only sold with a prescription.
- The doctor wrote me a prescription for cough syrup.
- (US) The drug is only available by prescription. = (Brit) The drug is only available on prescription. [=you can only get the drug if you have a prescription]
- a medicine or drug that a doctor officially tells someone to use
- I have to pick up my prescription.
- prescription drugs/medicine/costs
- something that is suggested as a way to do something or to make something happen
- a prescription for economic recovery
- a prescription for improving the educational system