- the process of making something (such as a machine or computer program) ready to be used
- an online account setup
- The tent is designed for quick and easy setup. [=is designed to be set up quickly and easily]
- Setup of the new software is a breeze.
- How much setup time is needed?
- Run the setup program on your computer.
- It took me a while to learn the setup of the office's filing system.
- We had a great setup. On my days off, my wife would work from home while I took care of the kids.
- The software makes it easy to create custom setups.
- Those aren't my drugs. This is a setup! Someone is trying to frame me!
- the beginning of a story, joke, etc., that explains and leads to what follows
- This sounds like the setup to one of your jokes.
- the setup for a television crime drama