Soul | Mean of soul in English Dictionary
- the spiritual part of a person that is believed to give life to the body and in many religions is believed to live forever
- salvation of the human soul [=spirit]
- the souls of the dead
- He could not escape the guilt that he felt in the inner recesses of his soul.
- She has no soul.
- a human being
- a brave/gentle/kind soul
- Some poor soul was asking for handouts on the street.
- There wasn't a soul in sight. [=there wasn't anyone in sight]
- He didn't tell a soul [=anyone] that he was leaving.
- a village of barely a hundred souls
- He's a skillful performer, but his music lacks soul.
- He is the soul of integrity. [=he is a very honest person]
- I promise I'll be the soul of discretion. [=I'll be very discreet]
- Honesty is the very soul of any good relationship.
- Our employees are the heart and soul of our company.