- to make (someone or something) stronger, more forceful, more effective, etc.
- These exercises will strengthen your stomach muscles.
- He takes herbs to strengthen his immune system.
- The development of new electronic products has strengthened the company's position as the leader in digital technology.
- Holidays often serve to strengthen bonds between family members.
- Their financial situation strengthened her determination to find a new career.
- The team has been strengthened by the addition of several new players.
- The winds are expected to strengthen.
- The storm is continuing to strengthen [=to become more powerful] as it approaches land.
- Her determination has strengthened.
- The economy is slowly strengthening.
- The Canadian dollar is strengthening against the U.S. dollar.
- The trade restrictions will strengthen the pound.