- to mention (something) as a possible thing to be done, used, thought about, etc.
- I suggest (that) you call the store.
- We suggested to the committee that they review the case again.
- It was suggested that we leave early.
- He suggested several different ways of dealing with the problem.
- She suggested a stroll after dinner. = She suggested that we go for a stroll after dinner.
- Who would you suggest for the job?
- They suggested a restaurant we might want to try.
- I suggest caution in a situation like this.
- The evidence suggests arson as the cause of the fire.
- There is nothing to suggest that the two events are connected.
- As the name suggests, a yarn winder is a device used to wind balls of yarn.
- Are you suggesting [=implying] (that) he deliberately cheated?
- I think he's suggesting that we shouldn't have helped them.
- No good solution suggested itself. [=I was unable to think of a good solution]