- an old-fashioned system of sending messages over long distances by using wires and electrical signals
a device used for sending or receiving messages by telegraph
to send (a message) by telegraph
- I sent the message by telegraph.
to send a telegram to (someone)
- He telegraphed a message to her.
- Please telegraph when you get there.
to make (something that you are about to do or say) obvious or apparent by the way you move, look, etc.
- Please telegraph me when you get there.
- The look on her face telegraphed bad news.
- He lost the boxing match because he was telegraphing his punches.
Những từ liên quan với TELEGRAPH