- a short period of time during a sports event when the game stops and the players rest or talk to their coach
- The coach asked for a time-out to talk to her players.
- The coach called a time-out.
- The quarterback called time-out [=asked for a time-out] with 20 seconds remaining.
- We've been working all morning. Let's take a time-out and get some coffee.
- Let's take time-out for a few minutes.
- The book talks about the proper way to use time-outs.
- If you do that again, you're getting a time-out! = If you do that again, I'm giving you a time-out!
- There's no talking during time-out.
Những từ liên quan với TIME–OUT