- happening or coming at the end of a process, series of events, etc.
- Their ultimate [=final] destination was Paris.
- What was the ultimate [=final, eventual] outcome/result?
- Their ultimate fate has not yet been decided.
- I never doubted their ultimate success. [=I never doubted that they would eventually succeed]
- The president has ultimate [=final] authority/control/responsibility over the decision.
- Our ultimate aim/goal/purpose is to increase production.
- He says that dying for your country is the ultimate act of patriotism.
- the ultimate expression of love
- the ultimate betrayal/challenge
- He was the ultimate hero.
- the ultimate [=farthest] reaches of the universe
- This car is the ultimate in safety. [=this car is as safe as a car can be]
- They provide their customers with the ultimate in service. [=with the best possible service]