- below or beneath (something)
- He hid the envelope underneath his coat.
- She slipped a note underneath the door.
- The ball rolled underneath the car.
- He lives in the apartment underneath mine.
- There was gum stuck underneath the table.
- Underneath her calm exterior was a nervous woman with a hot temper.
- They actually had a lot in common underneath their obvious differences.
- He might seem unkind, but underneath it all [=actually], he's a very caring person.
- He wore a white sweater with a red shirt underneath.
- She lifted up the rock and found ants crawling underneath.
- The car had rust underneath.
- The plate had a name stamped on the underneath.