- a period of time that a person spends away from home, school, or business usually in order to relax or travel
- We had a restful vacation [=(Brit) holiday] at the beach.
- Family vacations were a high point in my childhood.
- I'll be on vacation [=(Brit) on holiday] next week.
- They're on vacation in Rome.
- We had to cancel our vacation plans.
- a popular vacation spot [=a place where many people like to travel]
- His parents have a beautiful vacation home [=a house that someone lives in during vacations] by the lake.
- When are you taking vacation this year?
- All employees are given three weeks vacation. [=they will be paid for 15 days that they do not work per year]
- Employees are entitled to 120 hours of paid vacation.
- I don't have any vacation days left.
- winter/spring/summer vacation
- We have a one-week vacation in February.
- The university will be closed for Christmas/Easter vacation.
- She spent most of her long vacations [=summer vacations] at her parents' house.
- He met her while he was vacationing [=(Brit) holidaying] abroad in Italy.