- a way of hiding something (such as military equipment) by painting it or covering it with leaves or branches to make it harder to see
- The army tanks were painted green and brown for camouflage.
- troops in full camouflage
- a camouflage jacket
- camouflage pants
- camouflage gear
- The rabbit's white fur acts as a camouflage in the snow.
- Rabbits use their white fur as camouflage in the snow.
- behavior that is meant to hide something or convince another of something that is not true
- Her so-called charity work was a camouflage for her own self-interest.
- His tough attitude served as camouflage.
- The swimming pool was camouflaged [=hidden] by a hedge.
- The makeup camouflages blemishes.
- camouflaged soldiers/animals
- She camouflaged [=hid] her feelings well.
- It was impossible to camouflage the facts.