- a word, phrase, or action in a play, movie, etc., that is a signal for a performer to say or do something
- That last line is your cue to exit the stage.
- I'll take that yawn as my cue to leave.
- Their silence was a cue for him to speak.
- The expressions on people's faces give us visual cues about their feelings.
- auditory cues
- to do what is done or suggested by (someone or something)
- Take a cue from the experts and get your taxes done early this year.
- We should take our cue from their example.
- Cue the band.
- Cue the lights/sound. [=give a signal to the person running the lights/sound]
- a pool cue