- someone or something that loses a game, contest, etc.
- She was a loser in the first round of the tournament. [=she lost in the first round of the tournament]
- The team had a reputation for being a loser year after year.
- The loser of the bet has to buy drinks for the winner.
- She's a good loser. [=she does not become upset or angry when she loses]
- He's a bad/poor loser. = (US) He's a sore loser. [=he becomes upset or angry when he loses]
- Whoever benefits from the new government programs, the real loser will be the American taxpayer.
- She's a (total, complete) loser.
- That guy is a born loser.