Proportional | Mean of proportional in English Dictionary
- having a size, number, or amount that is directly related to or appropriate for something
- If you increase the size of the picture, keep the length and width proportional. [=increase the length and width by the same percentage so that they are related to each other in the same way]
- Keep the length proportional to the width.
- Your share of the profits will be proportional to the amount of work you did.
- The taxi fare is proportional to the length of the ride.
- The features of the face in the drawing are proportional.
- The head was not proportional to the body. [=the head was too large/small for the body]
- The sleeves were not proportional to the length of the blouse.