- the act of ending your working or professional career
- She decided to take an early retirement.
- Many fans were surprised by the champion's retirement.
- The staff is smaller because of several retirements.
- I'm looking forward to retirement.
- He is ready for retirement.
- He came out of retirement to play baseball again.
- She has remained very active during retirement.
- The staff all wished her a long and happy retirement.
- the age at which a person usually retires
- She reaches retirement [=(more commonly) retirement age] next May.
- We can't live on his retirement alone.
- a retirement community [=a place for people who are retired]
- retirement benefits/age