- the act of doing something to hurt someone because that person did something that hurt you
- an act of revenge
- She swore that she would have her revenge.
- She wants revenge against her enemies.
- He got his revenge.
- revenge attacks/killings
- He swore to take (his) revenge on his enemies. [=to harm his enemies]
- He is seeking revenge for his father's murder. [=he wants to harm the person who killed his father]
- The bombing was in revenge for the assassination of their leader.
- The team is seeking revenge for the loss earlier in the season.
- She vowed to revenge herself on her father's killer.