- a mark that is left on your skin after a wound heals
- The operation left a scar on his stomach.
- the soldier's battle scars
- scar tissue
- The table had several scars on its top.
- The divorce left her with deep emotional scars.
- to mark (something) with a scar
- His arm was badly scarred after the accident.
- The tragedy left her emotionally scarred.
- Divorce can scar a child for life. = Divorce can leave a child scarred for life.
- Your shoes are scarring the floor.
- The fence was scarred by rust.