- an electronic system of sending images and sounds by a wire or through space
- Do you have satellite or cable television? [=TV]
- Can you turn on/off the television? [=TV, (chiefly Brit) telly]
- Please turn up/down the television. [=make the television louder/quieter]
- widescreen televisions
- We don't watch much television. [=TV, (chiefly Brit) telly]
- a television [=TV] program/show/series
- She works in television.
- He's a star of stage, screen, and television.
- a television [=TV] producer/reporter/company
- What is on the television [=on TV, (chiefly Brit) on (the) telly] tonight?
- There's nothing on television right now. [=there are no programs that I would like to watch now]
- The movie will be on television next month.
- I recognize your face. Are you on television? [=do you appear in a television program?]