- a strong desire to spend your life doing a certain kind of work (such as religious work)
- It was her vocation [=calling] to be a teacher.
- This isn't just a job for me; it's a vocation.
- people who follow a religious vocation
- He never felt a real sense of vocation.
- his chosen vocation [=occupation]
- She discovered architecture as her true vocation [=calling] while in college.
- He feels he missed his vocation [=did not have the career he should have] by not becoming a doctor.
- I'm a carpenter by vocation, but my hobby is painting.