- to break (something) into small pieces
- Crumble the cookies into small bits.
- The recipe calls for the herbs to be crumbled.
- The arch had crumbled [=disintegrated] under the weight of all those stones.
- bones so old they had crumbled to dust
- crumbling buildings/monuments/walls
- Peace talks between the two parties have crumbled. [=collapsed]
- She was extremely depressed after her marriage crumbled.
- their crumbling marriage
- small pieces of something that has been crumbled
- crumbles of blue cheese