- a dry substance made up of very tiny pieces of something
- garlic/chili/cocoa powder
- The powder is made from the roots of the plant.
- Mix together the different powders.
- She crushed the peppercorns into a fine powder.
- The girls put on their lipstick and (face) powder before heading out to the dance.
- We're running low on baby powder and diapers.
- We woke this morning to several inches of fresh powder on the ground.
- powder skiing/snow
- to be calm and ready for a possible problem in the future
- They don't know how the election will turn out, so for now they're just keeping their powder dry.
- The boys decided to take a powder as soon as they saw there was work to be done.
- She powdered her face and put on lipstick.