- the first time an actor, musician, athlete, etc., does something in public or for the public
- my debut as a pianist
- He made his singing debut at a very young age.
- She is making her television/film debut.
- the debut of a new car
- The sport's Olympic debut took place in 1980.
- her debut album/film/novel
- The singer debuted 10 years ago, at the age of 15.
- The car debuted 30 years ago.
- The computer will soon be debuting in stores across the country.
- The network debuts a new sitcom tonight.