- to send (someone or something) to a particular person or place for treatment, help, advice, etc.
- How can doctors refer patients for treatment without examining them first?
- Most of the patients we see here were referred by other doctors.
- My doctor referred me to a specialist.
- The Senate bill has been referred to the Finance Committee.
- The company is referring people to its Web site for more information.
- She often refers to her notes when giving a speech.
- Please refer to our Web site for more information.
- The word “finch” refers to a kind of bird.
- The numbers shown in the text refer to footnotes at the bottom of the page.
- to talk about or write about (someone or something) especially briefly
- No one referred to the incident.
- The victim was referred to only as “John Doe.”
- At one time, people referred to the city as the Paris of the East.