- to need (someone or something) for support, help, etc.
- My mother relied on me for financial support.
- They rely on a well for all their water.
- She relies on her sister to drive her to school.
- He no longer relies upon his parents for money.
- She's someone you can rely on.
- You can rely on him to do it right.
- I relied heavily upon your advice.
- You could always rely on [=count on] him to disagree. [=you could always be sure that he would disagree]
- The economy may improve next year, but it's not something you can rely on.