- not afraid of danger or difficult situations
- The area was settled by bold [=brave, courageous] pioneers.
- Few politicians have been bold enough to oppose the plan to cut taxes.
- It's a bold plan that might fail.
- Hiring a novice was a bold move.
- He punished the bold child for talking back.
- He was/made so bold as to guarantee a victory. [=he confidently guaranteed a victory]
- I'd like to offer a few criticisms, if I may be so bold.
- very noticeable or easily seen
- She wore a dress with bold stripes.
- The painting is done in bold colors.
- bold cliffs
- I was too nervous to do it, but my sister went right up to him (as) bold as brass and asked for his autograph.