- the act of departing: such as
- the act of leaving a place especially to start a journey
- What is your time of departure?
- Our departure is scheduled for 5 p.m. = Our departure time is 5 p.m.
- They had to postpone (their) departure because of bad weather.
- You should plan to arrive at the airport an hour before departure.
- the ferry's departure point
- a schedule of arrivals and departures
- The departures of several key employees have caused problems for the company.
- her sudden departure from the company
- The team has struggled since the departure of its head coach.
- a new or different way of doing something
- His previous movies have all been comedies, so this dramatic role is a real departure for him.
- These new techniques are major/dramatic/radical departures from standard practices.
- a departure from tradition