- to give back (someone or something that was lost or taken)
- The police restored the stolen purse to its owner.
- The police restored the lost child to her parents.
- Surgery will restore his hearing. [=surgery will let him hear again]
- The police restored law and order.
- The team's victory has restored a sense of pride to the community. [=the team's victory has made the community feel proud again]
- The government needs to restore confidence in the economy.
- The crew is trying to restore the old house (to its original condition).
- He restores old paintings.
- an antique car that is being carefully restored
- newly/recently restored churches
- to bring (someone) back to an earlier and better condition
- Her care restored the child to health.
- His allies restored the king to the throne.