- a long, thin mark that is a different color from its background
- He left streaks where he wiped the glass.
- The miners had streaks of coal dust on their faces.
- a streak of stubbornness = a stubborn streak
- She has an adventurous/competitive streak in her.
- He has a mean streak. [=a tendency to be mean]
- a lucky streak
- a streak of 11 straight victories
- a winning/losing streak [=a series of wins/losses]
- The team has recently been on a hot streak. [=the team has been winning a lot of games recently]
- a long, narrow area or flash of light
- a streak of lightning/light
- Tears streaked her face.
- Her face was streaked with tears.
- Her hair is streaked with gray.
- A shooting star streaked across the sky.
- A skateboarder streaked past us.